First Start Calculator
Find answers to key correct affordability results on our help page.
Things to consider:
- If you want to check your client's affordability for any other mortgage, you'll need to use our standard affordability calculator
- During the application process we’ll ask for a more detailed breakdown of your client’s income and outgoings, which could change the amount we can lend
- A sponsor is a close relative, normally a parent or step parent of any applicant, who’s added as a co-borrower
- The minimum income needed for a sponsor is £30,000
- The minimum income for an applicant is £20,000
- Maximum borrowing of £500,000
- Minimum age for applicant at application is 18
- Maximum age for sponsor at application is 60. They mustn’t exceed 80 years old at the end of the term
- Maximum of 4 applicants - only the income of the sponsor and the highest earning applicant will be assessed.
Please refer to our loan size and LTV limits.
We will not normally lend to applicants who have unsecured debt which exceeds half their gross annual assessable income, even it it’ll be repaid in whole, or part, before completion. We’ll exclude student debt from our assessments.
This calculator provides an indication only. It’s not a legally binding mortgage Offer and places Bank of Ireland UK at no obligation to provide your customer with a mortgage. All applications must meet our lending criteria and are subject to assessment. The amount your client could borrow may be less once this assessment has been made.
Working with us hub, now available
Our new resource centre is here! Packed with information to help you with pre-application queries, online applications, case updates and support for existing customers.
We're right here for you and your clients.Working with us