Helping with your client's New Build
We know New Build mortgages have a specialist set of requirements, so we deliver what you need, when you need it.
- Builder incentives up to 5% of the purchase price considered
- Help to Buy: Equity Loan options up to 85% LTV
- A simple New Build application process, with case tracking to follow the application's progress.
Why choose New Build with us?
- Soft credit footprint at AIP stage
- We don’t include ground rent, service charges or other estate management fees in our affordability assessment
- We assess the case and issue valuation instructions from day 1
- Online offers available
- Offers extended for up to 6 months (subject to Underwriting reassessment and revaluation).
Tips for a speedy online offer
If your customer wants their offer made available online, it’s not a problem. All you need to do is make sure the following is completed:
- You select the online offer option when submitting the case
- All requested documents are provided together
- All contact phone numbers and email address for the applicant(s) are correct.
Unfortunately, where the applicants’ bank account requires 2 signatures, the offer cannot be made available online. Therefore make sure you check whether both signatures are required on the bank account before selecting this option on the application.
Help to Buy: Equity Loan
We’re part of the government’s Help to Buy: Equity Loan schemes in England and Wales. We offer a dedicated range of products for clients who want to use a Help to Buy: Equity Loan as their deposit for new build properties.
New Help to Buy: Equity Loan schemes have launched for home buyers in England and Wales. There are 2 key differences between the schemes in each country:
In England, the scheme:
- Is only available for first time buyers
- Includes regional price caps
In Wales, the scheme:
- Is available for all buyers
- Includes a national price cap of £250,000
Full details of the Help to Buy: Equity Loan scheme, including the regional price caps in England, can be found in our lending criteria PDF.
To instantly estimate how much your client could borrow, please use our affordability calculator. To build the equity loan into your client’s affordability, you'll need to add 3% of the borrowed amount, divided by 12 into the monthly outgoings.
We don’t accept Forces Help to Buy as a source of deposit under this scheme.
New Build and Help to Buy: Equity Loan mortgages need extra care and attention. Get in touch with your BDM to discuss a case.